Youkoso, kono kurai tokoro e...

Hi, have fun reading my posts... it is not too much, and just something that's related to me. Enjoy playing the keyboard, the music, greet me in the shoutbox and lastly, please feed my dearest Bathoven. Yoroshiku (_ _)

Thursday 3 May 2012

Shinreigari Ghost Hound - My Fave!

Alright. Maybe only little knows about this anime. Shinreigari Ghost Hound is a science fiction and supernatural anime which revolves around the three boys (plus one half-way of the story) and a girl. As the title said (LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THIS POST!), it is obvious that this anime is my favorite anime of all time. My top anime, in my heart. Naze, why, kenapa and kenak I like this anime? What is so special about it that it climbed to the top of my favorite anime list? I'll explain one by one! I hope I don't forget any points though (damn, this feels like public speaking/oral test!)

First : I like the genre of this anime. A combination of both supernatural and science. As we know, science and supernatural doesn't go well together, they always argue. But, in this anime, it balanced between both science and supernatural. There are ghosts, and there are scientific things as well. Scientific... this anime talks a lot about brains. Neurology and psychology are two major subjects in this anime. I learned about PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), TFT (Thought Field Therapy), homunculus, lucid dream, out of body experience, astral projection, etc. These terms, are enough, to get me into a 'researching' mode as I surf through the internet to understand more about these terms. I learned a lot, and so many new knowledge for me. Supernatural... the appearance of ghosts, strange happening that occurs in that small town. A sight of a ghostly figures, and the heroine, who is a little girl (Komagusu Miyako) herself... can see spirits and ghosts. For this supernatural side, I'm used to it, since I've experienced it myself.

Second : The characters are interesting! First, the boys line up. They are Komori Tarou, Ohgami Makoto, Nakajima Masayuki and Hoshino Michio (this guy wasn't really focused at first, but as the series reach half-way, he become their friend and one of the main cast). Then, the girl, Komagusu Miyako. As I stated earlier, Miyako can see spirits and ghosts. Simply said, she is gifted with a sixth sense. Despite her age (elementary student), she is quite matured in personality, gradually scolding her father for drinking sake in secret. However, she does care about her father. She is also sometimes possessed by a spirit, or worst, the god. Her father is really concerned about this, but she said she is alright, she don't want her father to worried about her. The boys, came from different background, but after they visit the abandoned hospital near the dam, they become friends. Makoto, who is the grandson of a famous occult group in the town saw his father committed suicide when he was little. After that, his mother leave him, making him growing up with his grandmother, whom he don't really like. He once said that he have no qualms to kill someone. Throughout the series, he found the truth behind his father's suicide. He is an avid guitarist, just like his father. Tarou, the main focus of the story was kidnapped with his elder sister when they were little. They were tied to the bed in the abandoned hospital, and because they didn't eat and drink for several days, his elder sister, Komori Mizuka, died. When the police found them, Tarou was in a state of shocked after seeing his sister's death. That instill the PTSD in him, and he seeks to know what his sister told him just before she died. Later he learned that Mizuka is alive, and live in him. He seems to have a crush on Miyako. Masayuki is a student who transferred from Tokyo. He is the son of a famous scientist who works at a Dai Nippon Bio. In his previous school, he and several other students bullied a student so badly that the student committed suicide, jumping off from the school's rooftop. Masayuki develops an altophobia from this incident, fear of heights. But as the series progress, he managed to overcome it. Michio, was a bully victim, and a classmate of Makoto and Masayuki. It was Masayuki's intervention that ends the bullying of him, thus Masayuki and Michio become friends. After hearing about Masayuki, Tarou and Makoto astral projecting, he become interested in it. Later on, he managed to astral project as well. That's what I like, characters of different background and personality blend in together and work as a team. Nice eh...

Third : That abandoned hospital just attracts me! I don't know why but, the deserted, abandoned hospital located near the Kameiwa Dam just seems to catch my attention. It is old, and some of the floors collapsed. When it is raining, the hospital will be flooded with water. But, that's where many spirits (shinrei) gathers and loafing around. It gets more when it is raining. Since 'abandoned' was one of my favorite word, this hospital got me. I can't really explain how the feeling is, but that is how it is. I'm just interested in it. The mysteries, the ghost that Tarou saw while they were exploring the hospital as well as the endless loop. One important fact is, that when the three boys entered the very room where Tarou and his sister were held captive, they got a vision, perhaps an illusion of Mizuka dying on the bed. Then, Masayuki, at the same room sees a huge hole in the floor, as if it had collapse, but the floor, in reality, never collapse! When he point his torchlight down the hole, he sees the student who jumped off the roof! The boy he bullied back in his previous school, smiling at him. Makoto, on the other hand, found himself in his house, standing in front of his father's room. With a bit of nerves, he slide open the door, and there... his father's dead body lies... right after he suicide. At this same time, at home, Miyako seems to be possessed, and she said that the 'three had entered the Kakuriyo'... an unseen world (I think...)

Fourth : The dialect used in this anime! Alright, as for any country, must have many dialects. Or should I say, any languages? Like Malay as well, have many different dialects. Same goes to Japanese. It is normal to hear 'Kansai-ben' (Kansai dialect) in anime, yet, this anime's dialect is not Kansai-ben. I've been searching for the name of this dialect, and lately I just found it out. It is known as 'Hakata-ben'. To me, Hakata-ben sounds more unique than Kansai-ben. Kansai-ben sounds rough and harsh, but Hakata-ben... is different. I can only say it is unique! This is one of the main attraction as to why I love this anime. I watch it, so that I can learn and understand the dialect more. Learning language is really fun guys, you should do it. Learn as many language as we can while we still breathing. I like how they say "batten" for the word 'but' or 'demo' in normal Japanese. Hakata-ben is also famous for using '-to' in place of '-ka' for questions. I like this dialect, and wish to learn this dialect more.

Fifth : The soundtrack! Yes, anime is just like movies and dramas out there. Without proper soundtracks, the anime won't be a 'boom' isn't it? As such, yes... this anime uses jazz, pop and blues style of music. Since it is located in a remote, small rural town, it is obvious. The opening theme, "Poltergeist" is jazz, and it is quite a nice song. Pleasant to the ear. The ending theme is a ballad, titled "Call My Name". This sad song, put alongside the times when Mizuka and Tarou are playing together... is just so sad. I said that Makoto is a guitarist right? He plays his guitar when he is free/bored, and even record his playing. Tarou's father have his own room where he would listen to his favorite tracks. Truly a nice anime soundtrack.

Sixth : Morals of the story... yeah, anime is not only for entertainment. As this anime carries a heavy subject, the morals found are also great. Number one - never abandoned your family, cherish your family. This mostly referring to Masayuki's family. His father is always busy with his Bio-ed project that he almost never spend time with his family. His wife at home, play games all day, and when he returns home, he fights with his wife, putting Masayuki into stress. Number two - everything that happen, must have its own reason. There must be a reason for everything that happened. After all, it is already written by God, which we call it 'fate'. Makoto's father suicide, and Tarou's kidnapping all are tied and related. Makoto's father committed suicide because he exchanged Makoto (who was supposed to be kidnapped) with Tarou and his sister. It was a matter of guilt... that he proceed with his suicide. Masayuki transfers to Suiten because, as he admitted, ran away from Tokyo after the boy jumped off the roof. There are many other morals in this story, but some are just too light as one might think, I'm just joking. :p Watch this anime and judge it yourself. As for me, I will always love this anime. I bought the DVD long ago, and that DVD now had problem, maybe because I played it too many times... so as I found the same DVD at another DVD shop, I bought that new one! Now, you can say I have a total of two Shinreigari Ghost Hound DVD.

You know what I wished? I wished Tarou, Makoto, Masayuki, Michio and Miyako were real and I can befriend them! I want to try astral projection, but that, as I researched, need a lot of practice, and it is risky as well. For lucid dream, I managed to do it. It was fun! The only thing I want to try is astral projection, OBE!

The characters... Left to Right : Komagusu Miyako, Ohgami Makoto, Nakajima Masayuki, Komori Tarou
I think that's it for this favorite anime of me :D I'll review other anime which is 'my favorite' later on. For now, hope you, my readers will watch this anime. Watch it, you'll never regret it.


"Protect the beautiful, crush the ugly."

No comments:

Post a Comment